California Drug Rehab Options
California is home to one of the most progressive and advanced medical communities in the world. Considering the sheer number of people in the state with a drug abuse problem, and the wide variety of different drug addiction in California.
California offers a number of different treatment options for those who need the life-saving help of addiction treatment. The following information is designed to help individuals and their families in California understand the different drug rehab options at their disposal. With California drug arrest rates remaining high, there has never been a more important time to have a good grasp on treatment options.
Different Types of California Rehab Centers
There are two primary types of California rehab center for drug addiction: outpatient and residential. Each offers high-quality care, but also have their advantages and disadvantages based upon the specific needs of the individual.
- California outpatient rehab: Outpatient rehab centers offer counseling and other programs throughout the course of the day, and then allow the individual to return home at the end of the evening. This is an ideal solution for those individuals who must maintain family or work responsibilities during their addiction treatment.
- California residential rehab. When an individual enters residential rehab they receive round-the-clock care and support from trained professionals. This is a place to focus on nothing but one's recovery from addiction without the stressors and distractions of everyday life. In addition, an exclusive residential drug rehab program may offer several peripheral programs designed to uplift the mind, body and spirit of the individual. In California, these programs range from yoga and meditation, to exercise regimens and nutritional counseling.
What Makes California Rehab Different?
In addition to the top treatment professionals currently working in the rehab centers of California - there are a number of other factors that make a California drug rehab program stand apart from their counterparts throughout the United States.
- Holistic programs: California is one of the most prominent locations in terms of holistic rehab care. Many programs in California are known for incorporating traditional Eastern practices into their modern rehab modalities. These programs include yoga, meditation, acupuncture and other means of uplifting the mind, body and spirit of the individual so that they are in a better position to get the most out of rehab.
- Advanced treatment options: Groundbreaking treatment modalities for addiction recovery happen every day in California treatment centers. Whether it is new forms of group counseling, or the latest in integrated treatment for dual diagnosis patients, when the addiction treatment industry moves forward, there is a good chance that the movement originated in California.
- Residential rehab locations: Outlined below are some of the most popular cities for drug rehab in California. These facilities offer something that many other like-minded centers in the country simply cannot offer: the breathtaking, inspiring vistas of California's natural landscape. Individuals who receive treatment at these locations are given a chance to find and gain inspiration from their surroundings - both integral parts of achieving recovery.
Finding California Drug Rehab Programs
In a state as big as California, locating an appropriate addiction treatment program can be a challenge. Once an individual knows which type of program is best for them, an understanding of the geography of California is one of the keys to finding a rehab center.
Top cities for Outpatient Rehab include:
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- San Diego
Top cities for Residential Rehab include:
- Palm Springs
- Big Sur
- Hollywood Hills
California drug rehabilitation programs may vary from program to program - but the element they all have in common is a shared dedication to helping their patients live a clean-and-sober life in the weeks, months and years after their treatment is complete.